The role of the Drilling and Technology Specialist is to ensure that our field partners have the appropriate level of support in drilling operations and procurement. The Drilling and Technology Specialist provides valuable expertise and training on the efficient use of drilling equipment and best practices in drilling, while ensuring that drilling records are up-to-date and reviewed periodically.
This role will be held accountable to achieve the following outcomes:
- Details of the WFLI Drilling Operations are well managed (40%)
- Ensure equipment down-time is monitored and assessed through communication with the field and identification of issues, with emphasis on legacy drilling equipment (e.g. percussion rigs). Coordinate implementation of operational plans with drill teams.
- Drilling data and statistics of wells are accounted for to ensure efficient use of resources.
- Data from field operations is analyzed and improvement opportunities are identified.
2. Materials and supplies to the field arrive in a timely fashion to keep projects working smoothly (30%)
- Forecast use and purchase supplies and equipment required by the WFLI teams in the field. This includes spare parts, reusable supplies and equipment such as vehicles.
- Identify, engage and utilize the supplier network to ensure continuous rig operation.
- Manage and update the equipment database to ensure that parts shipped from Canada, major repairs, and new equipment are entered into the system in an accurate and timely manner.
- Monitor inventory levels of pumps, pipes and other supplies to ensure timely purchase and delivery, emphasis on Europe/Asia/Africa suppliers and legacy technology.
3. Research, recommend and implement new equipment, systems and tools to safely and effectively improve the drilling process of the WFLI (20%)
- Develop local expertise through training of drill teams. Develop technology sharing opportunities with experts in Africa, Asia and North America.
- Identify and implement alternative drilling processes and technologies that could bring new efficiencies to the drilling operations.
- Develop and pilot technical manuals with guidelines for drilling procedures, well development and material selection for well base and pump installation.
- Develop and roll-out safety policies that ensure the well-being of field staff
4. Field visits are conducted as needed, to ensure effective implementation of the program. (10%)
- Minimum of 3-5 years working in a Relief and Development Ministry or other related ministry/industry experience in an international development setting
- Minimum 2 years working with drilling equipment or other heavy equipment
Required Skills and Abilities
- A passion for humanitarian aid seeking to demonstrate the love of God in Word and Deed
- Effective communication skills as well as exceptional interpersonal skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Able to work with minimum of supervision
- Problem solver – critical thinker. Able to look at a situation from a 360° perspective
- Able to work from a Google Suite platform
- Quickly able to adapt in a cross-cultural setting and in working with government officials
- Technical skills/aptitude would be considered an asset
- Able to travel internationally (hold or can obtain a valid passport) and perform in a variety of cross-cultural settings
- As this position works with children in an international context, the successful applicant will be required to complete a criminal record check and vulnerable sector search
Note: This position requires Ministry Partner Development. The successful candidate will have the privilege to build a partnership team which provides financial and prayer support for the ministry.
Never done this before? Don’t worry…we provide training and coaching that ensures success in Ministry Partner Development.