Are you interested in managing the LIFE teams program for GAiN Canada? We are looking for someone to give leadership to the development and implementation of the LIFE Teams program, which includes promoting LIFE Teams, recruiting volunteers to go on projects and managing the project teams.
The LIFE Teams Manager will develop and oversee the LIFE teams program and procedures in consultation with the GAiN Lead Team. This role will be held accountable to achieve the following outcomes:
Community Engagement & Recruitment:
- New LIFE team members are successfully recruited
- A LIFE Teams database of volunteers is effectively managed
- Guidelines are provided to Marketing & Development for the recruitment of team members
- Materials are developed for recruiting through various channels in coordination with Marketing & Development
Administration & Budgeting:
- Team member applications are effectively and correctly processed for LIFE Team projects
- Annual budgets and LIFE team calendars are prepared
- Team budgets are successfully managed in the field and reconciled upon completion
- Training and operation manuals for LIFE teams are developed and maintained
LIFE Teams Facilitation:
- Regular communication with participants is established both prior to and upon return from the field
- In-country partners are communicated with to develop team activity framework in the field
- LIFE Teams are successfully managed in the field
- Project orientation, devotional time and debrief times are facilitated effectively in the field
- At least one year post secondary education. A Bachelor’s degree is preferred but not essential
- At least one-two years in Relief and Development Ministry or other related ministry/industry experience
Required Skills and Abilities
- Effective communication skills as well as exceptional interpersonal skills
- Exceptional organizational skills; detail oriented
- Able to work with minimum of supervision
- Problem solver – critical thinker. Able to look at a situation from a 360° perspective
- Skilled to work with computers in the areas of Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Publisher, etc.
- Quickly able to adapt in a cross-cultural setting and in working with government officials
- Technical skills/aptitude would be considered an asset
- A passion for humanitarian aid seeking to demonstrate the love of God in Word and Deed
- Able to travel internationally (hold or can obtain a valid passport) and perform in a variety of cross-cultural settings
- As this position works with children in an international context, the successful applicant will be required to complete a criminal record check and vulnerable sector search
Note: This position requires Ministry Partner Development. The successful candidate will have the privilege to build a partnership team which provides financial and prayer support for the ministry.
Never done this before? Don’t worry…we provide training and coaching that ensures success in Ministry Partner Development.