Economic Empowerment (EE) is one of three core strategies of GAiN. This newly created strategy aims to alleviate poverty, unemployment, and lack of economic opportunities by improving and securing their living income. We do this by raising overlooked talent, invigorate the local entrepreneurial ecosystem and align available finances to early-stage, small-scale startups so that they have dignified work, a stable living income and a redemptive impact on society. This includes a stable and growing microfinance program, a small business venture accelerator, vocational education and training. The current programs are located in Paraguay and India, with plans to expand to other countries in the near future.
GAiN is looking for a Program Coordinator to work in the Economic Empowerment core strategy. Reporting to the Economic Empowerment Program Manager they will be part of a small, but high performing team to research, develop and test out pilot projects and continuously grow the Economic Empowerment program in partnership with our local partners. The coordinator will also work cross functionally to ensure tasks are completed.
About the Role
In this role, you will be responsible to achieve the following objectives:
Program activities are implemented with effectiveness and efficiency (70%)
- Project activities are completed on time and within budget
- Monthly and quarterly reports from field partners are collected and analyzed
- Annual plans and budgets are set and managed along with the Economic
- Empowerment Program Manager
- Novel economic empowerment projects for growth are developed in collaboration with the Economic Empowerment Program Manager
- Track project expenses, actual vs planned in collaboration with the Economic
- Empowerment Program Manager
Productive relationships are forged with field partners (10%)
- Meet with field partners regularly to discuss progress on field projects
- Site visits for reporting and capacity building are conducted if necessary
Program learnings are captured, and results are evaluated and shared. (20%)
- Results for the program are analyzed and reported on to the Economic Empowerment
- The Donor Advancement team is supported with reports, photos and videos to produce
fundraising and communication tools like stories, proposals and blogs
- Ensure donor fulfillment to be accurate and on time
Other duties as needed:
- Assisting in various Global Aid Network tasks and events
- Pursuing personal and professional growth in alignment with the annual Staff Objectives
- You have a genuine desire to see people’s lives transformed by Jesus
- You have a strong interest in empowering the lives of women in developing countries
- You have a strong interest in and understand redemptive entrepreneurship
- You are a self starter
- You have strong interpersonal skills
- You are organized and able to push projects forward collaboratively
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You are intellectually curious, exhibited strong skills in problem-solving, comfortable in asking questions, investigating, research
- You are competent to work with people of different cultures and backgrounds
- You are proficient in Google Suite or equivalent
- Having Spanish proficiency is highly desirable
Education and Experience
- Bachelor degree in International Development or Economics plus 2 years of work experience. A relevant degree is a strong asset.
- You have at least 2-3 years of project coordination experience and are personally organized, motivated and are a good steward of time
- Previous experience in international development is considered a strong asset
Note: This position requires Ministry Partner Development. The successful candidate will have the privilege to build a partnership team which provides financial and prayer support for the ministry.
Never done this before? Don’t worry…we provide training and coaching that ensures success in Ministry Partner Development.