DART Training - May 2019
Be the Change. Give Hope.
Earthquakes, tsunamis, famines, violent conflict. We are increasingly aware of natural disasters and humanitarian crises. Are you impacted by such devastating news and want to help in a practical, tangible way? Here is your opportunity to be the change and give hope.
What is DART?
DART stands for ‘Disaster Assistance and Response Team’. DART is an initiative of GAiN Worldwide that was developed in 2012 to enhance and complement our current work around the world to meet the needs of people affected by emergencies. It intended to provide efficient, effective, professional-quality assistance and support. The DART team provides assistance in the form of food and clothing distribution, shelter provision, medical advice and trauma counseling, as well as initiating long-term reconstruction and development projects.
GAiN is currently looking for individuals who are interested in being trained for DART and willing to be deployed in the event of emergencies. There are a variety of roles to be filled on a DART team such as:
- Team Leader
- Aid Distribution
- Medical Care
- Staff Coordination
- Spiritual Guidance
- Logistics Coordination
- Construction/Engineering and Coordination
- Water Supply Coordination
We’re looking for individuals who are...
- Fluent in English (other language ability a plus)
- Able to work under pressure
- In good physical, emotional and psychological health
- Able to work with others in a multicultural team setting
- A team player who is willing to fulfill their roles despite challenges
- Flexible schedules that will allow for deployment with short notice
- Able to be deployed for a minimum of 2 weeks to 3 months
Training Dates: May 4 to May 12, 2019
Location: Riga, Latvia
Cost: €450 plus cost of flight and travel insurance
Application Deadline: October 24, 2018.
Email email@example.com for more information or to apply.