DART Secretary Training (February 2020)
Be the Change. Give Hope.
Earthquakes, tsunamis, famines, violent conflict. We are increasingly aware of natural disasters and humanitarian crises. Are you impacted by such devastating news and want to help in a practical, tangible way? Here is your opportunity to be the change and give hope.
What is DART?
DART stands for ‘Disaster Assistance and Response Team’. DART is an initiative of GAiN Worldwide that was developed in 2012 to enhance and complement our current work around the world to meet the needs of people affected by emergencies. It intended to provide efficient, effective, professional-quality assistance and support. The DART team provides assistance in the form of food and clothing distribution, shelter provision, medical advice and trauma counseling, as well as initiating long-term reconstruction and development projects.
GAiN Canada is seeking to strengthen our current DART program and will be conducting our first DART secretary training. When a DART team is deployed on a relief project, a strong base is required at the headquarters to provide the necessary administrative support. The DART secretary plays a key role to the success of any DART mission in the field.
We are looking for individuals who have:
- Flexible schedules that will allow for deployment to the lead agency office with short notice. Currently GAiN's DART lead agency office is based out of Geissen, Germany.
- Flexibility to be deployed for a minimum of 2 weeks to 3 months.
During an active mission, some of the DART secretary responsibilities could include:
- Support of the DART mission project manager
- Coordination and preparation of the Assessment Team (booking flights, organising accommodation, etc.)
- Preparing and coordinating the implementation of a mission
- Communication with the DART team, DART employees, GAiN directors, Project Managers, Logistics, Public Relations, as well as family members of the DART team
- Assist in determining the composition of the DART team and coordination and preparation of the rotations
- Coordination of the DART equipment
Will you consider joining the DART team in this key role?
Training Dates: February 11-12, 2020
Location: GAiN office in Langley
Cost of Training: $150 CAD, tax-deductible. Once a participant has successfully passed the DART secretary training, future deployment costs to a mission will be borne by GAiN.
Application Deadline: January 7, 2020
Email email@example.com for more information or to apply.