Syrian Refugee Relief
The conflict in Syria is in its seventh year, and continues its grim march onward in what many are calling “the worst humanitarian crisis of our time”.
According to the latest statistics,
- 500,000+ people have been killed since the conflict began
- 6.1 million people are displaced in Syria, 2.8 million of which are children
- 6.5 million people are food insecure
- 414,000 people are living in besieged areas
- 11.3 million people in Syria require medical assistance (the majority of doctors have fled, limiting access to healthcare)
- 4.2 million people are desperately in need of shelter in Syria
In the wake of these overwhelmingly devastating statistics, how do we respond? What can I do?
- Stay informed.
- Stay hopeful. There are glimmers of hope. Our local partner continues to serve faithfully, providing blankets and monthly distributions of food staples and personal hygiene items for 1000 families.
Some of the people who have received these items have shared
“The [survival kits] changed a lot in the life of the people…it encouraged many people.”
“It was wonderful seeing the child carry his blanket and be so happy to take it and run home to show the rest of his family his blanket.”
We need your help to continue to provide light in this dark place…Would you help us? $119 provides one survival kit for a family of five for one month.
Let us not grow weary of assisting the fatherless, the orphan, the widow, the downtrodden and destitute.
How many families can you help today?