Start a Campaign Page
Starting an online campaign page allows you to create awareness as well as raise funds for providing clean water to those in desperate need of it.
If you've ever heard of Kickstarter, crowdfunding, crowdsourcing, etc., this is a similar idea. You choose a fundraising goal (whether a water well or a certain amount that goes toward giving people clean water), set up a page and share your page among your community.
Why a Campaign Page?
- you can upload videos and pictures
- has a section for a written personalized message
- contains a message/comment board
- allows you to easily share the page with each others, whether through email, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- there is a Facebook app
- uses a progress thermometer or pie chart to track the fundraising goal
- has a user-friendly setup and interface
- unifies a group around a common goal
- requires minimal organization for the page’s contact person
- allows for the contact person to input cash and cheque donations
- allows for individuals to give through their smartphones
- it’s free
Here is one example:
This is Elise and Olivia. They decided to do this and they have seen tremendous results. Watch their story!
For short version, click here.