Ride for Refuge 2017
Ride for Refuge is a fun, family-friendly bike-a-thon/walk-a-thon supporting charities serving the displaced, vulnerable, and exploited.
On Saturday, September 30, this event helps charities like us to raise awareness and money for our work.
This year, we have chosen to ride/walk for water strategy. Our desire is to provide another million people with clean, disease-free water and this event will help us with that!
- Click here to find out more information about the cause we are riding/walking for.
- You can register individually for a GAiN Team, join a GAiN team, or captain your own GAiN team.
- There is no registration fee for children under 11. But you will have to fundraise $75 for a tshirt.
- Youth (ages 11-17) - Fundraise $75 or more to earn your t-shirt and avoid paying the registration fee ($25).
- Adutls (ages 18+) - If you want to earn a cool RIDE t-shirt, you need to fundraise a minimum $150 and avoid paying the registration fee of $25.
- The registration fee will increase to $40 on September 15th.
Riders or walkers select the route length they prefer (and that matches their physical ability) during registration. Typical distances include:
- 10km / 5 miles
- 25km / 15 miles
- 50km / 30 miles
- 5km / 3 mile walk
- Most sites offer child-friendly routes (where possible) that are well-staffed with encouraging and responsible volunteers. Along the route, riders and walkers will encounter rest stops, support vehicles, and route marshals to support them. After the event a delicious lunch is served for all volunteers and participants.
- There are tools to help you share this event with others, click here for more information.
- If you are a team captain, there are a lot of tools for you too! Click here.
Together, we believe riding our bikes or walking, can change the world!